485 Subclass Visa -A Way To Extend Your Study In Australia
Are you the one who has completed your graduation in Australia? If your answer is yes then nothing can be the best then applying for Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. This 485 subclass visa allows you to study, work, and stay in Australia temporarily. As the name of this visa states, It’s a temporary and not permanent visa. Later, this visa also makes you eligible for skilled migration and employer-sponsored visa.
Permanent Residency Through 485 Subclass Visa
485 Subclass visa is considered as a doorway to permanent residency in Australia. So, if you later after living in Australia temporarily wish to stay permanently in Australia then you can do so if you are eligible for it.
Important Details About Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485
There are many students who wish to extend their stay as well as stay in Australia after completing their study in Australia with student visa subclass 500. Many applicants are not aware of the facts pertaining to visa subclass 485. Given below are some of the important things which you should know about a 485 subclass visa.
Choose the right stream as per your queries
If you are about to apply for a subclass 485 visa Australia then you must be aware of the two streams under this visa The streams are Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream. You can apply for any of this stream as per your query.
- Post Study Work Stream– The PSWS is for those applicants who have recently graduated from an Australian college or institute. If you choose this stream then you will be able to study, work in Australia. You will also be able to bring your family member through this workstream.
- Graduate Work Stream– The GWS has been designed for those applicants who have skill knowledge and experience. They can work in Australia under this stream. But obviously, you must have relevant occupation qualifications and skills as per the requirement of the Australian employer shown in the skilled occupation list of Australia. With this stream, you can stay for 18 months in Australia.
Hope you understood the streams that fall under visa subclass 485. Lets now proceed towards the second step to apply for a subclass 485 visa.
Compliance With Academic requirements-
Both the above-mentioned stream need to fulfill the academic criteria in a proper way. Some of the requirements are mentioned below for you to consider-
- While submitting your application, you have to submit an authentic completion letter. This letter will prove that you have successfully completed your graduation in Australia.
- Also, you must have updated pieces of paper containing your current qualifications. This criterion has to be fulfilled by both offshore and onshore Australian applicants.
- Valid and updated mark sheet.
- The course which you wish to pursue through visa subclass 485 must also be mentioned in the CRICOS. CRICOS stands for Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Student.
So, before applying for any of the streams whether its PSWS and GWS, you must take into consideration the above-mentioned criteria.
Check Your Eligibility-
Not every applicant can apply for Temporary Graduate visa 485 pertaining to both the streams, there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill. Here are the eligibility criteria to lodge your Subclass 485 Visa successfully. Here are the criteria mentioned above-
- You need to go through the Australian Federal Police Check to apply for a 485 subclass visa.
- Also, you need to qualify and get ready for the skill assessment test conducted by a valid skills assessment body. This is applicable only for those who are choosing the graduate stream to stay in Australia.
- There is a time limit when you can apply for a temporary graduate visa. You can apply for this visa within 6 months of your completion of graduation.
- While studying in Australia you have to spend at least 6 months in Australia.
- The DOHA will issue your visa only you fulfill all the required documents and eligibility criteria stated above.
A clear about family members
Well, you are thinking to take any of your family members along with you to apply for a 485 subclass visa then you are wrong. Because only a certain family member is allowed to join you in Australia. Not anyone you wish to. The member allowed is your spouse and his/her children or stepchildren. Anyone joining with you in Australia has to fulfill the health and character requirement properly. What you have to do is fill the form no. 8 to obtain substantial health cover of Australia.
The 8501 Condition
Australia is known for maintaining the best health care standards in the world. As, they want their visitor to have sound health while living in Australia. In that case, Visa Subclass 485 cannot be the exception either. You have to pose a valid health cover from an Australian Australian health insurance provider.
Benefit Of Applying For OVHC
There are uncountable benefits that you can pose from the Overseas Visitor Health Cover. It includes a reduction or says exemption for certain medical costs, easy and feasible ambulance service in case of emergency, quick admission to hospital, etc.
Contact A Migration Expert to Apply For 485 Visa!
If you wish to apply for a temporary graduate visa subclass 485, then you can assist the best Migration Agent Perth today. Your Immigration Agent Perth will assist you in the best way they can. They satisfy their customer and ensure an error-free visa application for you.
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020