In the world of mathematics, algebra and matrices will always play a very important role in terms of dealing with different kinds of concepts. The matrix can be considered as the representation of the table of numbers, symbols or expressions which have been perfectly arranged into the row and column format in the world of mathematics. People can always go with the option of performing several kinds of operations on matrices for example multiplication, subtraction, addition, and so on.
The matrix multiplication is considered to be the matrix product which will always be based upon the multiplication of two kinds of matrices and will help in producing a single matrix. This is considered to be the type of binary operation on the matrices. The multiplication of the integer with a particular matrix is considered to be this concept of scalar multiplication and the matrix is the representation of numbers in the form of row and column and whenever people will be multiplying a matrix by the scalar value it will be known as scalar multiplication.
At the time of performing multiplication of any two kinds of matrices, it is very much important for the kids to be clear about the rules of matrix multiplication. The condition of matrix multiplication has been explained as:
- First of all, it is very important for the kids to confirm that the number of columns in the first matrix and the number of rows in the second matrix is equal.
- Whenever this particular information has been obtained the resulting matrix will always be the matrix that will be having the number of rows of the first matrix and the number of columns of the second matrix.
- The order of the resulting matrix will always be considered as the matrix multiplication order
How can one very easily multiply the matrices?
It is very much important for the kids to be clear about different kinds of algorithms of matrix multiplication and broadly there are four algorithms which include iterative algorithm, divide and conquer, sub-cubic, parallel, and distributed algorithms. Although there are several kinds of applications of this particular concept, being clear about the basic binary operations is very much important so that people can fulfill their overall purposes very easily and can minimize the hassle element in the whole process. This is the best possible way of giving a great boost to the efficiency element and the following are some of the basic rules about which the kids should be very much clear since day one to perform the matrix multiplication accurately:
- The product of two matrices A and B will be perfectly defined as the number of columns of A will be equal to a number of rows of B.
- If AB has been defined then BA need not be defined.
- If both A, as well as B, are the square matrices of the same order then both BA, as well as AB, will be perfectly defined.
- If the product of two matrices will be zero matrices then it will never be necessary that one of the matrices is a zero matrix.
There are different kinds of matrix multiplication in the form of 2 x 2, 3 x 3, and options associated with the whole process about which the kids should be very much clear. Apart from this being clear about the basic properties of the matrix multiplication in the form of commodity property, associative property, distributive property, and the multiplicative identity property is very much important so that kids are always able to solve the questions very accurately. Being clear about the multiplicative property of zero and the dimension property is vital so that kids can fulfill their purposes very efficiently. Hence, and rolling the kids on platforms like Cuemath is a wonderful idea so that they have a good command over the world of matrices and never have to face any kind of hassle at the time of solving the real-life examples.