Have A Glance To Know How Sponsorship Programme Works For TSS 482 Visa
The TSS 482 Visa came as a replacement for 457 visas in March 2018. The Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa enables the holder to reside and work fulltime in Australia, for the employer who sponsors visa holders. The occupation has to be a nominated one and must be listed in Medium Long Term Skilled or Short Skilled List. A TSS visa (subclass 482) holder can include their dependent family members in the application.
A sponsorship Programme works best for TSS 482 Visa because the first and foremost criteria for this visa is that an Australian employer must sponsor the applicant. The sponsorship program does not apply to all kinds of jobs. It is meant for some selected occupations where there is a shortage of skilled human resources.
The Subclass 482 visa holders can get employed in Australia and ultimately apply for permanent residency. With a 482 visa, foreign workers get an opportunity to work in Australia, but at the same time, it ensures that Australian workers get the first preference. The TSS visa helps employers in Australia to deal with temporary skill shortages and hire skilled workers where an appropriately skilled Australian cannot be found.
TSS 482 Visa Streams:
The TSS 482 visa has three streams.
- Short-term stream: Applicants whose occupation features in the Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) are eligible for the 482 Visa with a validity of 2 years. It can be renewed once for further two years when onshore and for an additional two years when offshore provided the applicants meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements.
- Medium-term stream: Applicants whose occupation features in the MLTSSL or the (ROL) Regional Occupation List can be eligible for the 482 Visa Australia with a validity of 4 years and eligible for permanent residency after three years.
- Labor agreement stream: Applicants nominated by Australian employers having a labor agreement with the Australian government are eligible for the visa with a validity of up to 4 years.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 Application Requirements
Besides being nominated for a position that is listed on the skilled occupation list, the other associated 482 Visa Requirements that the applicant needs to fulfill are related to skills and experience, registration, English language, health, and health insurance and character. Though there is no age bar for 482 visa holders on the MLTSSL list needs to be within 45 when they apply for permanent residency after three years. The team of experienced immigration agent Perth can guide you best in this regard.
- Skills and experience: To be eligible for a 482 visa an applicant must have the necessary qualification to perform the duties successfully and relevant work experience of 2 years in the last five years. There are a number of trade level positions that require the applicant to complete a TSS 482 skills assessment successfully.
Registration and licensing
The applicant must obtain a registration or license if the nominated occupation requires it or show that he/she meets the requirements necessary for registration or licensing.
STSOL & MTLSSL English language proficiency exemptions
Permanent residents of countries like New Zealand, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United States of America, and United Kingdom are not required to undergo an English language proficiency test.
Applicants who have undergone a minimum of five years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution with English as the mode of instruction are also exempted from the English language proficiency test.
- STSOL English Language requirements
The TSS 482 visa applicants can prove their English language proficiency with the following
- A minimum score of 5.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with at least 4.5 in all the four modules.
- Scoring at least ‘B’ in each of the four components of the Occupational English Test (OET)
- A minimum total score of 36 in Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT), with a minimum score of 3 in all the test modules of reading and listening and a minimum score of 12 in all the test modules of writing and speaking.
- A minimum overall score of 36 in the Pearson Test of English with a minimum score of 30 in all four test modules.
- An overall minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English: Advanced with a minimum score of 147 in all four test modules.
For registration or licensing purposes, a higher score is required.
MTLSSL English language requirements
A minimum overall score of 5.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.0 in all the four test modules
- A minimum score of ‘B’ in all the four test modules of Occupational English Test (OET)
- A minimum total score of 35 in Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) with a minimum score of 4 in all the test modules of listening and reading and a minimum of 14 in all the test modules of writing and speaking.
- A minimum overall score of 36 in the Pearson Test of English with a minimum score of 36 in all the four test modules.
- A minimum overall score of 154 in Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) with a minimum score of 154 in all the four test modules
Health and health insurance
It is necessary for the visa applicant and their dependents to be in sound health and be covered by health insurance until the time they stay in Australia.
Things You Can Do With Subclass 482 Visa
A primary TSS 482 visa holder is allowed to travel in and out of Australia till the visa remains valid and is supposed to work there only under an approved business sponsor who has nominated you in an occupation that you have chosen.
During the tenure of the visa, dependents or family members are allowed to travel in and out of Australia till the visa remains valid and can study or work as well without any limitation. You can seek assistance from Migration Agent Perth since they provide the best possible assistance for TSS 482 visa approval since they know best how the sponsorship program works.