Remember how difficult and time-consuming creating a mobile app back then was? Building a taxi booking app is not difficult in today’s current times. This is because, as an entrepreneur, you may choose a white-label Uber clone app development that is ready for launch.
Have you decided to enter the ride-hailing industry? You have arrived at the right location. Yes, this blog will lead you to some important ideas. Take a look at it before you start designing an app like Uber in 2023.
Business Model: How Does Uber Work?
Uber’s unique business strategy has helped it become one of the most popular apps in the age of technological progress. It is a two-sided marketplace platform that uses an aggregator model. The procedures below will clearly illustrate the process of a ride-hailing service such as Uber.
Step 1: Installation and Profile Creation.
At first, customers must complete the sign-up process using their email addresses, phone numbers, or current social network credentials. After that, users can change their profiles as they choose.
Step 2: Ride Requests
After completing the basic setup and confirming location access, they can send ride requests specifying pick-up and drop-off locations.
Step 3: Ride Confirmation.
The app will route the ride requests initiated by passengers to drivers. If a driver accepts the request, the rider will receive a confirmation. If the driver declines the request, it will be forwarded to a nearby driver.
Step 4: Taking a Ride
Following ride confirmation, the driver will arrive at the pickup location, and passengers will board their rides. Riders can see how the drivers are riding to their destination.
Step 5: Payment Processing
When the riders arrive at their destination, they can pay in cash or electronically. You can even solely accept cashless payments to make transactions simpler and smoother.
Step 6: Feedback
To gain the trust of the passengers, you can allow them to submit feedback on the service you are providing. It includes gathering feedback and ratings on driving behavior.
Basic Features of a Taxi Booking App Like Uber
Rider App Features
- Instant Registration: Users can easily sign in to the app using their social network credentials rather than manually entering their email address or contact number.
- Fare Estimate: Riders can verify the fare ahead of time by selecting the vehicle type.
- Geolocation: GPS incorporated into the app allows riders to track the location of drivers after accepting the request. They can also keep track of the journey as they travel to their destination.
- Payment Modes: Because cash is the most prevalent payment method, digital payment modes have become vital in our digital era. Providing a variety of payment methods would be the most effective strategy to build a user base.
- Alerts: Riders must receive push alerts regarding the ride, including accepting requests. Riders may see the drivers’ car specifications and their predicted arrival time.
- Riders can view their prior rides and the money transactions associated with those rides.
- Review and Ratings: After the ride, riders can provide feedback on the behavior of the drivers. This function will foster confidence among passengers.
Driver App Features
- Profile Creation: The first step is to create a profile in the app. They can do so by using their legitimate email addresses. After that, they must upload the required documents for admin verification.
- Alerts and Notifications: Drivers will receive notifications when users in their area look for taxis. Aside from that, the app tells them about the payment status and routing information.
- Reports: This tool allows drivers to view the status of their ongoing and canceled trips. Additionally, they can monitor the status of their earnings.
- Route Navigation: If drivers are unfamiliar with a specific route, the app’s navigation feature will direct them to the destination using the shortest, most traffic-free path.
- Messaging/Calling: Drivers can communicate with riders via message or phone call at any time. It might even be for location inquiries.
- Modify Languages: The drivers have the authority to modify the app’s language as they see fit. So they can receive instructions in the language of their choice.
Admin Panel Features
- Oversees Drivers: The platform owner will be able to track and oversee the drivers’ activity. This is because drivers play a significant part in determining the reputation of a taxi company, so their behavior must be closely watched.
- Heat Map: This tool allows you to identify which populations require taxi services. This is how you can determine where demand is high. With this, you can raise the prices in that specific area.
- Fleet Management: In addition to controlling drivers, the administrator can manage the fleet. It also includes payments.
- Dashboard: An overview of business operations can be viewed and controlled efficiently without difficulty. After examining the dashboard, the business owner can develop new plans for improvement.
- Detailed Analytics Report: The administrator will have access to information about the business’s progress. To summarize, the administrator can control trip payments, the driver and ride wallets, and more.
- God’s perspective: The platform owner can easily search by the driver’s name or location rather than searching for a specific vehicle from the list. With this, the administrator may easily conduct a search in less time and with fewer taps.
Different Sources of Revenue From A Taxi App Like Uber
When developing a taxi booking app, such as Uber, it is important to consider the many monetization options. The following are some examples of typical revenue streams to consider in this section:
It is the principal source of revenue, and drivers will be paid a proportion of the commission. For example, Uber charges drivers 20% to 30% of their ride fare.
Cancellation and Waiting Fees
When the drivers or riders cancel the ride, a certain percentage of the cost will be charged. Aside from that, you can charge passengers for wait time. This appears to be one of the constant revenue streams.
In-app Advertising Fees
You can designate a separate area for different firms to advertise their products or services on your platform. As a result, you can charge them advertising fees based on the number of clicks or impressions on the ads.
The most popular on-demand app technique is charging extra fees when demand skyrockets. Uber is a successful example.
Aside from the aforementioned revenue streams, the premium model will generate significant revenue from the taxi booking app. Yes, you can provide some incentives to riders who purchase a premium subscription.
How Much Will It Cost to Create an Uber Clone App in 2023?
Last but not least, you must prepare your budget for creating a taxi app. The typical cost of developing a minimal version of the app with basic functionality ranges between $1,959 and $12,999. Depending on the additions, the cost will rise on a regular basis.
Nonetheless, the cost is a changeable aspect that the specific business requirements will determine. Furthermore, a variety of factors will affect the cost of developing a taxi-booking app. Several of these are discussed below.
The addition of functionality will directly impact the app development cost. The app can include any features that are important to the company’s concept. The cost will rise as the number of new features increases. Ensure the functionality you want to incorporate is essential for your app. Features define functioning; hence, they are the most important components in deciding on cost.
The Choice of App Platform
Selecting Android and iOS platforms is the best option for greater coverage. If you have a limited budget, consider implementing the taxi booking app on any of the platforms. Yes, when you choose various platforms for deployment, the cost will be adjusted proportionally.
Stack of Technology Used in Development
The technology used will differ based on the platform you select, the integration of third-party services, and the feature set. However, selecting the appropriate set of technologies is critical because it influences the app’s performance. Here’s a list of commonly utilized technologies for developing an Uber-like application.
Company’s Geographical Location
Most importantly, the region of the organization or app developers you select will be a cost-determining factor. Yes, it will differ by region. The cost ranges for the various regions are listed below.
The COVID-19 crisis has caused a decline in the ride-hailing sector in 2020. We are practically at the conclusion of this crisis, and the sector has regained traction. As a result, developing and launching a cab app similar to Uber in 2023 is an excellent decision. Utilize it and use the custom-built Uber Clone app with notable COVID-19 features such as cashless payment, mask verification, safety evaluations and ratings, and many more.