When it comes to shopping online, many on demand home delivery apps are reining in the market. The Covid-19 novel corona virus pandemic lockdown has made it very important for the people to be able to make sure that they can avail the products that they want and like through on demand grocery delivery apps like Uber for Grocery Delivery type of apps.
However, one has to note that even without the pandemic looming at large, the need for people to be able to buy things online and get items delivered at their doorstep is extremely important. People have started living very busy lives, people have jobs and hardly any time to go out and buy grocery items. With the help of a grocery delivery app, they can simply buy all the items and get them delivered to their doorstep.
Let us try to understand the flow of the Uber for Grocery delivery type of apps.
- The user and the service provider find and download their respective apps from the app store.
- They can then create their own profile on the app either by logging in using their Facebook profiles or Gmail account or by filling out a registration form.
- The User’s registration form will include fields like their profile, their name, their card information etc.
- The Service provider’s registration form will include fields like their name, area within which they would prefer to operate, vehicle registration number etc.
- There will also be an app for the store. The store can use this app to list out all the items that are there in their store and they are willing to sell.
- Now the app is ready for use.
- The user can now select the store that they want to purchase from, then they will be able to see a list of all the items in that store.
- The next step is to add all the items that they want to their cart.
- The final step is to make a payment and checkout. This will confirm the order.
- Once the order is confirmed, the app automatically sends out a delivery request to a delivery driver (service provider).
- The service provider receives a request for delivery. They may choose to accept or reject the request.
- If they reject the request the app automatically transfers the request to another delivery driver.
- In case the request is accepted, the delivery driver is notified of the details of the order and the address of delivery.
- The store and the customer both are also notified of the details of the service provider (delivery driver) who will be picking up and delivering the products.
- Once the product is picked up, the user is notified through the app that the item has been picked up. The user is also notified of the estimated time that will be taken to deliver the products.
- Once the order is delivered, the payment is automatically done through the app.
- Finally, every party involved will be able to give each other a star rating to each other based on their experience.
Why is this app a boon?
The most important thing about on demand grocery delivery is that people today don’t have the time to wait for operators on a phone call. The trouble with calling stores to place orders is that one cannot see the items available. They can not even choose the other stores or buy items that are not available here from another place.
When there is an on demand grocery delivery app like the Uber for Grocery, people can see their choices right in front of them. They can see all the stores that they can purchase their items from. On selecting the store of their choice, they can see all the items (in list form), along with their pricing on the app. They can add these items from to their shopping cart and then confirm the order by making a payment seamlessly through the app.
The app like Uber for grocery delivery eliminates the need for having any intermediate human intervention to get what you want delivered to your doorstep. The whole process is designed to be so seamless that it makes sure that anyone can use the app without any hitches or hurdles.
How to make it a profitable business?
If you wish to create your own on demand grocery delivery business, the first thing that you must do is to buy the right on demand grocery delivery mobile app built by a reputed and reliable white label on demand mobile app development company with at least 6 to 8 years of experience in building and launching on demand mobile apps.
Take a look at the prebuilt app and try it out real time to be absolutely sure that this is what you are looking for. It will also be helpful if you take a look at the company’s previous client testimonials to establish the authenticity of the company and their work culture.
Ensure that you get the source code of the app along with it so that you don’t have to rely on anyone else for your app’s enhancement and updates.