Age brings several uninvited visitors along. Sagging skin, bald head, and weak joints are just some of those guests who come to stay. Loose and sagging skin is not appreciated anywhere but especially on the face and around the eyes. Droopy eyes and saggy skin around the eyes can make a person look tired and sleepy all the time. Moreover, it causes the eyebrows to droop, too. This can take a toll on a person’s overall appearance and mental health. So, to avoid looking old before time, an Endoscopic Brow Lift – No Visible Scars can be considered. It can provide your brows with a much-needed lift and tighten the skin around your eyes. As a result, you will have a younger-looking and rejuvenated skin.
The most commonly asked question about brow lifts is that will it leave a scar?
In this article, we will answer all queries related to Endoscopic Brow Lift. We’ll start by explaining a brow lift.
What is an Endoscopic Brow Lift?
A brow lift, also known as browplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that can tighten the forehead skin and elevate drooping eyebrows.
As a result of a brow lift, the patient can enjoy:
- no obstruction of vision
- reduced fine lines from the forehead
- improved overall appearance
In some cases, a brow lift is also referred to as forehead lift, eyebrow lift, or temporal lift.
Types of Brow Lift
Three different techniques are used to perform a brow lift. These techniques are:
- Endoscopic Brow Lift – The name of this technique comes from the endoscope that is used to get a clear view. Several tiny incisions are made behind the patient’s hairline. The surgeon then inserts a tiny camera to view the spot clearly. He/she then removes excess fats, repositions the muscles, and lifts the forehead. In an Endoscopic Brow Lift – No visible scars are left because of the tiny incisions. Moreover, the entire procedure is the least invasive in nature.
- Temporal Brow Lift – In this technique, also known as Limited Incision Brow Lift, inch-long incisions are made. The surgeon makes the incisions right above the temple but behind the hairline to hide any scarring. Then he/she repositions the facial tissues around the outer brow area. As a result, the eyebrows are lifted. To get better results, double eyelid surgery is usually combined with this technique.
- Classical Brow Lift – This technique is also known as the Coronal Brow Lift. It is the oldest technique and therefore the most invasive. Instead of several tiny incisions, one long incision, running from ear to ear, is made behind the hairline. The rest of the procedure is the same that involves excess fat removal and tissue reposition.
Of all three techniques, Endoscopic Brow Lift – no visible scars, is the most preferred one.
Brow Lift and Scarring
Any surgical procedure that involves incisions and sutures is bound to leave some scars behind.
So, in brow lift surgery, there is a chance of scarring, too. However, the scarring is only minimal and can be easily hidden under the hair. Moreover, different ointments and medicines can help fade the scarring. Generally, the scars are too minimal to be noticed, especially in Endoscopic Brow Lift – no visible scars are left.
Therefore, make sure you select the right technique if visible scarring is a major concern for you.
Ideal Candidates for Brow Lift
Brow lift surgery is best suited for the following candidates:
- Individuals who are physically fit and medically healthy
- People with realistic expectations from the procedure
- Aging individuals with obstruction in their vision due to drooping eyelids
- People who want to look young and fresh instead of tired and grumpy due to sagging skin and baggy eyelids
- Individuals who do not smoke
If you can tick one or a few points from the above list, you are an ideal candidate for a brow lift.
Pros and Cons of Brow Lift
|Treats drooping eyebrows||Eye irritation and fluid accumulation can happen|
|Removes vision obstruction||Hair loss around incision areas can occur|
|Makes one appear fresh and rejuvenated||Issues for heart patients may arise|
|Removes fine lines and wrinkles between eyebrows and forehead||Bleeding, swelling, and scarring can occur|
|Makes a person appear less tired and more friendly||Some patients may have issues with anesthesia|
|Can make one appear younger|
|Side effects are minimal and subside within 3-5 days|
Different techniques for brow lift surgery are used but generally Endoscopic Brow Lift – No Visible Scars is preferred. So, consult a doctor today and start looking fresh and young once again.